Harlem Community Gardens
- Clayton Williams Memorial Garden – 303 West 126th Street (Frederick Douglass Blvd.)
- Chenchita’s Group Community Garden – Corner of 112th Street and Madison Avenue
For a listing of community gardens in your area visit Green Thumb.
Farmers Markets and Community/City Programs
- Health Bucks – Use your food stamps at farmers markets! Health Buck will give you $2 for every $5 you spend on fresh produce at the markets. Click the following links to find participating markets in your area: Harlem, The Bronx, Brooklyn. For more information on Health Bucks click here.
- Community Kitchen & Food Pantry of West Harlem – alt Located on 116th and Frederick Douglass Blvd. Provides programs for low-income New Yorkers including a soup kitchen, food pantry, and meals on heels program. For more information click here.
- Grassroots Farmers Market – 145th Street and Edgecombe Avenue, Saturdays & Tuesdays: 8 am – 4 pm, Season: July 9th – November 25th, Contact: Sonya Simmons 212.996.1514 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) / Farm Share
CSA’s are a great way to support local farmers, receive fresh fruits and veggies each week throughout the growing season, and bring communities together. Here are some CSA’s in the Harlem area:
- Corbin Hill Road Farm
- Harlem Community Farm Share CSA
- West Harlem CSA
- Central Harlem CSA
- For a listing of CSA’s in all of NYC visit JUST FOOD
- The Harlem4 Center for Change
- Black Farmers and Urban Gardeners Community Forum
- The Color of Food
- Community Vision Council
- Growing Power, Inc.
- NYC Strategic Alliance for Health
- Harlem Arts Alliance
- The Brotherhood/Sister Sol
- Dance Theater of Harlem
- The Boys Club of New York
- Police Athletic League